If you’re going to be in San Diego for Comic-Con next month, here’s everything you need to know about Vikings. Even if you don’t have a ticket to the convention, you can still get in on the action.
At the Convention:
HISTORY’s VIKINGS PANEL: Friday, July 10 from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Room 6A Vikings returns to SDCC fresh from the season four set. Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) along with Michael Hirst (writer/creator) and Dirk Hoogstra (EVP & General Manager, HISTORY) will reveal an exclusive sneak peek of the new season.
Vikings Bludgeon Booth
Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
• The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
• Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
• 15s clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
Join the Raid Offsite in Downtown San Diego
• Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders & Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
• Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor. Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship. The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride. Exact stops TBA.
• Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
Please join in the conversation by using hashtag #VikingsSDCC @HistoryVikings
Vikings season four is currently in production in Ireland and is slated to return in 2016 on HISTORY.