Comic-Con 2018 is nearly here! It can be tough to navigate all of the booths and off-site activities. Here are some things you may want to check out.
In the Con…
– ThinkGeek is back in the main exhibit hall at Booth 3349 (near Hasbro and Mattel). They’ll have new collectibles and Con exclusives.
– HBO Game of Thrones temas up with Pop! for SDCC exclusives including The Queen of Thorns, Lady Olenna Tyrell of Highgarden, and the famous dragons of Game of Thrones – Rhaegal, Drogon & Viserion , along with the ‘Icy’ Viserion – will also be available as an exclusive Dorbz 4-Pack!
– Nickelodeon will have one-of-a-kind virtual and real-world experiences that will have fans saying, “Cowabunga”! Headquartered at its 1,800 square-foot booth (#4113) on the convention floor, Nickelodeon will showcase: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the all-new, reimagined series that follows the band of brothers as they seek to unlock the mystical secrets of New York City; the upcoming INVADER ZIM original TV movie; the return of Double Dare, a reboot of the iconic game show; the hit animated series The Loud House, which follows 11-year-old Lincoln Loud’s life with his 10 sisters; and Reptar from Rugrats, who will tower over Nick’s space.
– From the Bridge A Documentary, Thursday, 10 AM, BALLROOM 20 – In this film, fans will be treated to a whirlwind cinematic journey chronicling the evolution of sci-fi, horror and comic book fandom as recounted by some of the biggest names in these genres. Host, George Takei (Star Trek) is a guide for never-before-seen archival footage featuring creators like George Lucas and never before aired interviews with the likes of Gene Roddenberry, Leonard Nimoy and many more.
– Charmed exclusive screening & panel, Thursday 11:15 AM–12:15 PM, BALLROOM 20 – The iconic CHARMED is back just in time to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Series reboot stars Melonie Diaz, Sarah Jeffery, Madeleine Mantock and Rupert Evans, along with producers Jennie Snyder Urman, Jessica O’Toole and Amy Rardin, will be on hand for an exclusive sneak peek of the first episode of The CW series followed by a panel discussion.
– Tell Me A Story, Thursday 12:15–12:45 PM, BALLROOM 20 – In this reimagining of the world’s most beloved fairy tales, stories come to life as dark and twisted psychological thrillers interweaving with each other against the backdrop of modern day New York City. Executive Producer Kevin Williamson, as well as series stars Paul Wesley and James Wolk, will present an exclusive sneak peek of the CBS All Access series followed by a panel discussion.
– Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Thursday, 1:45p.m. – 2:45p.m. ROOM 6A, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back and joining the discussion is the new voice cast–Omar Miller as Raph, Ben Schwartz as Leo, Josh Brener as Donnie, Brandon Mychal Smith as Mikey, Kat Graham as April O’Neil, and Eric Bauza as Splinter–along with the co-executive producers Andy Suriano and Ant Ward, and legendary voice director Rob Paulsen. The panel will feature never-before-seen clips from the upcoming series and be moderated by Keely Flaherty (BuzzFeed).
– Van Helsing, 4:00-5:00 PM, INDIGO BALLROOM. In attendance will be Kelly Overton, Jonathan Scarfe, Vincent Gale, Aleks Paunovic, Rukiya Bernard, Trezzo Mahoro, Neil LaBute, Mike Frislev, and Chad Oakes. In addition to the panel, the Van Helsing cast will be doing an autograph signing for fans on Thursday July 19th from 3:00 – 3:30 pm in the Autograph Area. Drawing for line tickets will be held Thursday at 9:00 am in the Autograph Area.
– Magnum P.I. exclusive screening and panel, Thursday 4:15–5:30 PM, ROOM 6A – A modern take on the classic series starring Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum, a decorated former Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. Series stars Jay Hernandez and Perdita Weeks and executive producers Peter Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim will present an exclusive sneak peak of the premiere episode of the new CBS series followed by a panel discussion.
– Crazy Ex-Girlfriend celebrates its final season, Thursday 5:45–6:30 PM, ROOM 6A – Take a trip down memory lane with co-creators Rachel Bloom and Aline Brosh McKenna as they look back on some of the series’ most memorable moments and talk about what’s ahead for Rebecca Bunch. The panel will be moderated by series guest star Michael McMillian and will include a special performance and never-before-seen footage.
– Mr. Mercedes , Thursday, 8-9 PM, ROOM 7AB- The second season will be based on Stephen King’s best-selling Bill Hodges Trilogy, which includes, “Mr. Mercedes,” “Finders Keepers” and “End of Watch.” The second season takes place a year after Brady Hartsfield’s thwarted attempt to perpetrate a second mass murder in the community of Bridgton, Ohio. Since the incident, Hartsfield has been hospitalized in a vegetative state. Retired Detective Bill Hodges has done his best to move on from his Brady obsession, teaming up with Holly Gibney to open Finders Keepers, a private investigative agency. But when unexplainable occurrences begin to affect hospital staff members attending to Brady, Hodges is haunted by the feeling that Brady is somehow responsible.
– DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender, a Netflix Original Series, Friday, July 20, 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM, ROOM 6BCF, Join Rhys Darby, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Jeremy Shada, executive producers Joaquim Dos Santos and Lauren Montgomery, and story editor Josh Hamilton as they provide a first-look at the highly-anticipated seventh season of the Netflix original series DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender. All attendees will receive a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive poster created by the crew. There will also be a signing: (Ticketed) Saturday, July 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM in the Autograph Area at San Diego Convention Center. A limited DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender signing with Joaquim Dos Santos, Lauren Montgomery, Rhys Darby, and Bex Taylor-Klaus will take place on Saturday in the Autograph Area at the San Diego Convention Center. Drawing for Line Tickets to be held Saturday at 9:00 am in the Autograph Area.
– Invader Zim, Friday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM, ROOM 6A, Fans’ favorite Irken invader returns to San Diego with a panel that dives into Nickelodeon’s forthcoming new movie, INVADER ZIM: Enter the Florpus. Original series creator Jhonen Vasquez, art director Jenny Goldberg, and voice talent–Richard Horvitz (ZIM), Rikki Simons (GIR), Wally Wingert (Almighty Tallest Red) and Kevin McDonald (Almighty Tallest Purple)–will present behind-the-scenes art and exclusive brand-new footage.
– Star Trek: Discovery, Friday, 1:30–2:30 PM, HALL H – Join the cast and producers of this CBS All Access series to look back on season one and find out where the crew is headed as it transports into its second season.Cast members scheduled to appear include Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Shazad Latif, Mary Wiseman, Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo and Anson Mount alongside executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin. The panel will be moderated by series guest star Tig Notaro, who will appear as Chief Engineer Reno.
– The Twilight Zone marathon screening, Friday, 7:15–9:15 PM, ROOM 6A – THE TWILIGHT ZONE new original series will be coming soon to CBS All Access in a modern reimagining of the iconic series that took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. It was a journey into a wondrous land of imagination for five years on CBS, from 1959-1964. There will be a special marathon screening and a look back at some of the fan-favorite episodes from the original series. Concessions and an exclusive giveaway item will be provided.
Outside the Con…
– Nerdist House will run from Thursday through Sunday at Sparks Gallery on 530 Sixth Avenue. It will have entertainment, refreshments, special social hours, fan parties, life Nerdist shows and much more. Nerdist House is open to the public and free.
– Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Live, 7:30 PM BALBOA THEATRE – The cast of the CW’s award-winning musical dramedy CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND is taking their show on the road in this live tour. Join Rachel Bloom, the rest of the cast and the CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND songwriters as they bring the show’s songs to life in this very special live concert event. This is a ticketed event and is currently sold out. For more info, please visit: https://sandiegotheatres.org/rachel-bloom/
– Free rides in CBS Comedy Cars! From Thursday, July 19 through Sunday, July 22, CBS will offer complimentary rides throughout the Gaslamp District in branded electric cars. Featured shows will include the new fall comedies The Neighborhood and Happy Together. Trailers of the series will be screened for the passengers in those cars as well.
– Star Trek: Discovery Mirror Universe Gallery Takeover – CBS is creating a fully immersive experience at the Michael J. Wolf Fine Arts Gallery at 363 Fifth Avenue, San Diego; Comic-Con badges are not required for entry. The exhibit, scheduled to run from Thursday, July 19 through Sunday, July 22, will feature a photo opportunity with Emperor Georgiou’s throne and will showcase props and costumes from the series’ Terran Empire. The gallery will also house an official “Star Trek” shop with Comic-Con exclusives. Exhibit Hours: Thursday-Saturday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Friday 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
– Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan Fan Experience – Amazon will host an unforgettable experience for Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan to the west of the convention center – starting at the corner of MLK & 1st and extending to the back adjacent parking lot. Visitors will complete the Jack Ryan Training Field by infiltrating, fighting and evading the enemy to gain full field clearance. They will then use that training to help Jack Ryan himself in Dark Ops, a groundbreaking escape room that recreates the pilot episode of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. Attendees can also explore the Middle Eastern bazaar which has assignments to be completed at every turn, watch a live leaderboard and pick up some iconic Jack Ryan swag.