San Diego Comic-Con 2019 was a banner year for Amazon Prime. In addition to its presentations, Amazon Prime brought an interactive experience to visitors outside the convention with a 60,000 square foot area that was host to three celeb parties, with appearances from Orlando Bloom, Cara Delevingne, Chace Crawford, and the cast of The Expanse.
Some of the highlights:
- Republican San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer stopped by the Amazon Prime Video Experience, and Orlando Bloom claims he ran out of the Carnival Row activation due to the immigration storyline.
- Orlando and Cara showed up in Cosplay costumes at the Carnival Row screening and were dancing on chairs and the fans did not know it was them. The director told the audience that they couldn’t show up b/c they went to the EW party… THEN they took off the costumes and the fans went nuts. They introduced the series and sat in the front row to watch with the guests.
- Chace Crawford had a surprise birthday cake from the cast/crew of The Boys at the premiere. He was so happy and blew out the candles.
- The Director of The Boys introduced Chace and said “you loved him in Gossip Girls but you will hate him in this series.”
- The cast of The Expanse surprised the biggest cosplay fans when they went in the activation.
Here are some of the pics!